Sunday 4 January 2009

Sunset at Heathrow

Working over at Heathrow Airport yesterday I couldn't resist the opportunity to take some portrait photographs on what was the brightest day of the year so far with the most incredible sunset (Okay, so it was only the 3rd January but I'm trying to think of a decent excuse here so stick with me :o)



I met up with my good friend Barry Payne, one of the armed police officers that works at the airport, and convinced him (which took about a nano second) to stand infront of the camera for me whilst I took a series of shots using a number of flashes and also making use of the incredible light in the sky.


The light was changing literally minute by minute which meant working really quickly ... not a problem for me cos it kept me warm, but for poor old Barry, a fighter to the end it was a different story. But it's not all bad ... I put a warming gel over the flashes to hide the blue skin tones appearing on Barry's face ... see, I told you I was all heart :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous 4 January 2009 at 09:35  

I am again left speechless!! A fantastic shoot with a true friend. When working with you, I dont mind freezing at all. It wasn't the freezing air temperature, but the results that have taken my breath away....Kerry and Sam love the pics.
Cheers again buddy ;0)

Glyn Dewis 4 January 2009 at 18:19  

You're so welcome mate but hey, sorry about the cold weather but you know what they say ... No pain, no gain :o)

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP