Thursday 3 December 2009

InSight Photography Workshop - Test Phase

During the first quarter of 2010 I plan to launch a new Photography/Lighting Workshop that I'm calling the 'InSight - From Concept to Print'. This one day course will be designed to teach how to take an 'idea', light it, photograph it and then finally edit & prepare it ready for print.


The content is very much in the development phase at the moment which is why between now and when the course goes 'live' I'm running a series of 'testers'. The 'testers' or 'mini courses' I'm using to get out and teach off camera flash techniques but the main objective is to get masses of feedback so that I can over time, fine tune what it is I want to deliver and how.

The first 'InSight' Workshop tester was held last week in Old Amersham on what turned out to be a very cold and wet November day. I met up with the five photographers who were attending at around 11.30am in Starbucks, for the essential coffee, where we talked through kit and then ventured outside to go through an overview of how to use the cameras 'Manual' controls to get the desired look in the photo.



The rest of the afternoon was spent photographing our model Caroline, who very kindly gave up her own time to help out.


The weather played a big part in how the afternoon progressed but by no means put a 'dampener' on things as we managed to work through a couple of 'in the open' shots before the heavens opened and the rain came down but then ventured into a covered brick market place which then gave us a few more lighting options.




Overall a great afternoon where it was clear that alot was learned both by the attendees and me.

NEXT WORKSHOP DATE:
I plan to hold another 'tester' Workshop on the 19th December 2009 in Windsor, Berkshire. The numbers are limited to six photographers so if you'd like to come along then please get in touch by email and I'll send you out more details.

*NB...The 'tester' workshops are free to attendees; all I ask is that you give brutal, honest feedback (I've got broad shoulders so I can take it)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP