Thursday 3 September 2009

Insight Photography Workshop - Model Headshots + Editing



Well it's taken me longer than expected but I'm finally able to show you the first episode of 'Insight-From Concept to Print'. This is my new video series which gives you a 'behind the scenes' look at some of my Photo Shoots including the lighting set-up and the editing that I do in the computer.

This first episode is taken from a recent commercial shoot at Oxygen Hair & Beauty, Beaconsfield, UK where we were working with them to produce photographs showing 'before' and 'after' shots of the models once they'd had the 'Oxygen' treatment. The photographs are then going to be used to advertise/promote the salon and also appear in the stylists' portfolios.

In the video you'll get to see how the photographs were lit and why, due to the limited space available and then finishing off showing you an example of the editing I did to produce the final images using both Lightroom & Photoshop. It's worth noting that as the images are being used commercially, the editing involved was considerably more than I would do for a normal portrait (unless of course the client asked for it).

Enjoy ;o)

ps> The editing has been speeded up in the video; I'm quick but I ain't that quick :o)
pps> Credit to Scott Kelby of the NAPP for the idea of the lighting set up and guidance on the editing style.

4 comments:

Unknown 4 September 2009 at 16:15  

That is a ridiculous amount of work you did in Photoshop. Some of the things you enhanced on the model I would never have even thought of doing. Any tips or tricks that would be useful for someone who wants to start getting serious about glamor and fashion editing? Maybe a series of blog posts that cover certain techniques and tricks you use.

Glyn Dewis 4 September 2009 at 16:43  

Hi Chad,

Thanks for looking in. Funny you should mention that but I do plan over the coming weeks to be adding some editing tutorials using both Lightroom & Photoshop, so thanks for suggesting it.

Keep your eye on the blog but also why not visit my YouTube page and subscribe so you'll get notified when I add any more content: http://www.youtube.com/user/GlynDewis

Thanks again,
Glyn

Unknown 6 September 2009 at 21:39  

Hi Glyn just watched the video it is wicked wicked wicked!!!!!look forward to seeing you next week
Roisin

Noel 14 September 2009 at 07:51  

Glyn,

A great video and very informative. I really enjoyed it. You make it look easy! I can't wait for the next one...!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP