Wednesday 22 April 2009

A Little Angel in Bluebell Woods

This past Monday evening I was out at a wonderful location by the name of Bluebell Woods in Buckinghamshire, photographing the daughter of a very good friend of mine Barry Payne and his wife Kerry. For a while now I've been promising Barry that I'd photograph his daughter Samantha; not for any particular reason other than thanking him for being such a good friend and someone I know I can call on anytime if I need help with anything.


I knew the kind of photo I wanted to create (fairytale etc...) all I needed to do was find the right location, and as luck would have it, Bluebell Woods was right on my doorstep although I'm ashamed to admit that despite having lived in the area for nearly 11 years I've only just found it (Note to self:Know your patch!!!). Still, better late than never and I'm sure after having photographed there this week, I will definitely be returning. I briefed Barry & Kerry with what I wanted Samantha to wear so that everything worked and they couldn't have got it more spot on; Samantha looked every bit the little Angel in a plain white summer dress; so, the rest was up to me....eeeeeekkkk :o) !!!!!!


We were 'shooting' for just over an hour before the evening sun started to disappear, so when it eventually gave it's final farewell we packed up and headed over to the local public house (the Hit or Miss) for a bite to eat. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable time spent with great friends, in a great location on beautiful summer evening...what more could you ask for ? :o)


The set up for these photos was nice and simple (see attached diagram): One(1) Alien Bees 1600 with a large Octabox affectionately known as Big Bertha providing the soft, dreamy light which was essential for these shots.

Enjoy ;o)

1 comments:

Anonymous 22 April 2009 at 18:20  

You have just left us speechless!!!
Cannot wait to come and see the others.

There really is nothing more to say except thank you my friend. You have yet again showed the world what a truely gifted person you are.

Thank you so much from us all.
With Love.

Barry, Kerry and Sam
XXX

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP