Wednesday 18 February 2009

The Debonaires

Starting with a photo shoot last Sunday which set me up on a bit of a 'high' it's been quite a week. The only disappointment for want of a better word was that the BMI cover shoot has had to be re-scheduled, but hey these things are sent to test us and I'm a firm believer in the phrase 'everything happens for a reason' ;admittedly finding a reason can be a challenge sometimes, but you know what I mean :o)

Anyway, getting back to last Sunday ... I was over in Daventry, Northamptonshire with a group of musicians collectively known as 'The Debonaires'; a truly great bunch of guys who were real fun to work with, and who incidentally make AWESOME music. The three guys, namely Dave, Dave and Mick are a 3 piece 50's style band and we were taking photos for images to be used as art on their soon to be released new album.



The photos were taken in a room on the first floor of a workshop which to look at wasn't the ideal location but with the use of several Nikon Speedlights and an Alien Bees 1600 we managed to darken everything down and hide all the heavy bits of hardware being stored in there. (Photo of set up to follow)



I think music is vital on a photo shoot as it helps to set an atmosphere and relax everyone, and it usually comes from my iPhone and a portable dock but this time I was treated to some live sounds from the guys and it was bloomin fantastic; there really is nothing like live music to get everyone relaxed and as Madonna said 'into the groove'; nothing at all to do with the "JD" being consumed (not by me I hasten to add ... professional to the end you see :o)



Anyway, I've attached a few samples of photos taken which you can enlarge by clicking on. Once I've finished editing all the photos from the shoot I'll post a music video on here for you to see, fingers crossed with a backing track from the guys; I'll also keep you posted as to when the album is released ... not one to miss believe me.

Enjoy ;o)

1 comments:

Anonymous 21 February 2009 at 01:28  

Just a quick thankyou Glyn for doing a job that far exceeded our expectations! The whole shoot was great fun and we got so many great shots were over the moon! Looking forward to working with you again soon! Your the man!!!!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP