Monday 25 August 2008

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk

A few weeks back I received an email from a guy by the name of Scott Kelby. Now, I've mentioned him before on this blog but to refresh you ... based ,in Florida, USA he's a best selling computer & photography book author, internationally acclaimed photographer, Photoshop Instructor and President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals ... quite a mouthful, but you get the picture ... he's a bit of a legend :o)

Scott was organising a World Wide Photowalk where photographers would get together for a couple of hours in cities around the world and take photos of whatever took their eye. Not only was this to be a social event, but there were prizes at stake ... approximately £5000 worth of prizes. Scott asked if I would head a Photowalk in the UK, and I would guess that after a nano second of giving it some thought I said yes!!!


Anyway, Saturday just passed (23rd August) and we had a blast! The 'well attended' Windsor group stealthily (as well as 30 photographers can) made their way around locations within the town centre pointing their cameras in all sorts of directions hoping to create that winning image. After a couple of hours we all met up at Browns Brasserie which looks out onto the Thames, for coffee and lunch with just a few sneak peeks at what each other had taken.


All in all a great couple of hours. Nice to get out and do something completely different, and certainly a great social event where I'm sure alot of new friends and allies have been made. All that remains now is for me to decide on the winning image that will then go forward for the overall prize along with the winning entries from the other 100 or so cities around the world.

The picture of the group below (that's me kneeling down) was taken by a complete stranger that I coerced into holding my camera ... so whoever you were ... thanks :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous 26 August 2008 at 14:47  

Hey! I knew you would be doing the Photo Walk as well. I had a chance to lead a group over here in Dallas.

Are we gettin' together next week in Vegas for PSW08?

Scot 27 August 2008 at 17:12  

Cheers Glyn,

We (Mirja & I), really had an enjoyable day. Thanks your the effort you have taken organising the photowalk.

Scot

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP