Friday 18 May 2007

My good friend, Sean...



Well it seems to have taken forever and a day, but yesterday I finally managed to get some time with a close friend of mine, Sean, and get him infront of my lens.

I'm sure Sean will admit that he was at first a little anxious about having some photographs taken, but soon relaxed as we just chatted away whilst at the same time pressing the shutter; heck, he even started making suggestions, which I must admit worked real well.

I think it's real important not to go into a portrait session with a fixed plan on what you're going to take. My aim is to be just me, and the only difference is that I'm holding a camera. This way I've found, helps whoever I'm photographing to 'chill out' that much quicker and enjoy the session.

As well as indoor shots, we also took some outside on a decking area. I think it was about 2pm at the time, and as I didn't have a diffuser with me to block out some of the sun, Sean understandably was having to squint. This is something I certainly wanted to avoid, so I asked Sean to close his eyes and to open then when I said. This way, I took the photo as he opened his eyes, before he had time to react to the sunlight and squint again; seemed to work pretty well :o) I'll post some of the outdoor shots in a later post, but for now here's a few of the indoor ones using nothing but natural light coming in from a large patio window.

Thanks Sean ... we'll take some more again soon, if you're up for it :o)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP