Friday 1 January 2010

Goodbye 2009; Hello 2010...

Well that's it folks...as we say goodbye to 2009 we venture into a new decade with the arrival of 2010. So, how was your year? Did you manage to fit everything in? I've said it before on the blog more than once but are the years going by faster or what? Or is that I've got less friction as 'up top' thins out just that little bit more??

Anyway, 2009 has been quite an eventful year in both a personal and business sense so I thought I'd take this chance to write a few lines and mention just a few things from the past 12 months:

Zack Arias - OneLight Workshop
* During November I got the opportunity to fly out to Atlanta, USA to spend time with Zack Arias on his OneLight Workshop.


Zack is an amazing 'teacher' who just keeps on going until you can take no more. I think we finished just before 2am on the final day having been at it from 9.30am the previous morning; a truly unforgettable experience for a whole host of reasons not least for the generosity of Zack & his wife Meghan.


Visionmongers by David DuChemin
Just had to mention this book! This is the bible of 'how to' when it comes to running a photography business. Seriously I could go on and on, even dedicate a entire blog entry to this book but all I will say is that if I had to throw out all the business related material I have and could only keep one...this would be it! Check it out here on Amazon.

Most memorable Photo Shoot of 2009:
Hands down this has to be the 'Trash(ish) the Dress' Project with Dave & Michelle Caton-Richards which ended with Michelle waist high in the River Thames wearing her Wedding Dress on a freezing, and I mean freezing cold November afternoon. If you missed it you can see some of the photos and a 'behind the scenes' video by clicking here.


Other Stuff:
Moving into 2010 there's alot of 'stuff' in the pipleine. I'm real excited to be working with San Francisco, USA based 'LiveBooks' who are designing us a brand new website.


One of the big learning points for me during 2009 has been not to 'skimp' out when it comes to a website and to go to the professionals.Without doubt there have been a few missed opportunities during the past 12 months because of having a website that just wasn't 'working' for me as it should have been. Thankfully that's now being rectified so I'm real excited to see how the new site will be received. Talking of the 'web' we've also got a completely new blog coming in the near future, so I'll be sure to keep you posted re the progress there.

InSight Workshop
We're working hard behind the scenes on the new Workshop which I plan to launch this Spring.


We've already run a couple of testers with a number of photographers for honest feedback, and this has been incredibly useful. I've got another couple more testers running this month and then we'll be working on finalising content, workbook, locations etc...

In conjunction with the Workshop I plan on getting stuck into doing more videos alternating between photography tips/techniques that I use and editing techniques using Photoshop / Lightroom. I want to keep the videos short (3 minutes-ish) so that they cover one quick tip on a regular basis. You can check out some of the videos we've already published on my YouTube Page by visiting http://www.youtube.com/glyndewis Oh, and we're also looking at starting a newsletter to keep you informed on what's going on, tips & techniques and so on, but I'll let you know more about that at a later stage.

So we've plenty to be getting on with and I'm guessing there's going to be quite a few late nights coming my way but hey what's the worst that could happen? ... lose my hair?

What have you got planned for the new decade and what are you going to be working on? Dare I ask what your 'New Year Resolutions' are? I'd love to hear so feel free to post a comment, drop me an email or get in touch through FaceBook or Twitter.

Happy New Year & Thankyou for your friendship and support during 2009

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP