Tuesday 26 May 2009

My iPhone 'Photo of the Day' Project

Since starting my 'iPhone Photo of the Day' Project, I've been overwhelmed by the interest that it's generated, so I thought I'd write a short post to explain how I go about it.


Two of the most common questions I get asked are:

1. Are the photos taken with your iPhone?
2. What have you done in Photoshop?

Well, the answer to both questions is: Yes and Nothing. All the photos are indeed taken with my iPhone and all editing is done 'in phone' using some of the many applications available from the iTunes 'App' Store. In fact the only time the pictures see my computer is when I'm downloading them from my phone into Lightroom or iPhoto for cataloguing and uploading to the iPhone Gallery on may main website.


There are literally hundreds of applications available form the 'App' Store with more being added every day, especially with the imminent release of the new model of iPhone and 3.0 Software.

Anyway, here's a list of the 'apps' that I regularly use:


My 'editing' workflow is pretty simple: I'll generally open up an image in Photogene and adjust the Shadows, Midtones and Highlights to how I want them and then it's a case of jumping in and out of the other applications until I get the desired effect I'm after. What I love about each of the apps is that once you've made an adjustment to an image it saves out a copy which I can then adjust further, all the time my original image remains safe and untouched, just incase I need to go back to it.


Despite the iPhone's camera far from being the best 'phone camera' out there, there is a heck of alot you can do with it ... in fact the front cover of this weeks 'New Yorker' Magazine was taken with an iPhone. So remember, the best camera to use is the one you have with you!

Happy Shooting,
More Later ;o)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP