Friday 21 December 2007

Out n' About ...


I had a blast this morning out with a mate of mine, Barry, taking urban portrait shots near to where I live. In particular I wanted to use my Nikon SB800 Speedlight as 'off camera' flash to add a bit of drama and the attached image is one of the ones I came up with.

For this image I put the flash on a light stand just to the left of the frame pointing mainly at Barry's face but including some of the brick wall. I also rolled up a magazine and slid it over the flash head to turn it into a spotlight for more control over where the light fell.

2 comments:

Anonymous 21 December 2007 at 18:54  

Had a fun day again mate. Great to see the results. Always here to help out. Cheers. Your Buddy

The Taste Bud Consultant 22 December 2007 at 01:42  

Hi Glyn,

Excellent use of the flash gun!!
I also like the one you did not long ago with the child Lewis!

Cheers

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP