Monday 16 July 2007

A day out at RAF Fairford



Sunday just passed, I spent a fabulous day out at the Royal International Air Tattoo in Fairford, with my wife Anne, and good friends Amanda & Tim.

The day started off with a delicious breakfast at Amanda & Tim’s house, and then we set off in convoy for the 1 hour drive to RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve wanted to go to one of the military air displays (not that I’m a spotter) but just to see what big boys toys are all about :o) It really was a superb day with some breath taking displays by the American and Italian Air Forces, and also getting the chance to witness the Red Arrows in action.

Naturally, my trusty Nikon was to hand so I managed to rattle off a few shots; some of which I’ve added to this blog. (click on them for a larger version)

Incredibly the rain stayed away for most of the day so we were able to tuck into the mountain of food prepared by Anne & Amanda, which I must say was bloomin’ marvellous!

All in all a great day spent with great friends.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP